- ¾ cup vegan margarine (Earth Balance or Soy Garden), softened
- 1 cup vegan powdered sugar, divided (Whole Foods Organic Powdered Sugar)
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- 1 Tbs. vanilla
- 1¾ cups plus 4 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- ¼ tsp. salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together margarine and ½ cup powdered sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add lime juice and vanilla, and stir to combine.
- Separately, mix together flour, cornstarch, and salt. Add to margarine/sugar mixture, and stir until just combined.
- Divide dough in half. Place each half on an 8-by-12-inch sheet of parchment paper. Roll in parchment to form logs that are 1¼ inches in diameter.
- Refrigerate logs until cold and firm, at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove parchment from logs and gently roll logs to get rid of any wrinkles caused by parchment.
- Cut into 1¼-inch-thick rounds. Space rounds 1 inch apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until barely golden, about 13 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes. Then toss in a plastic bag with remaining ½ cup powdered sugar to coat.
Makes 2½ dozen.
Follow on Facebook: www.facebook.com/allamericanvegan
Buy the book: All American Vegan