Looking for a perfect snack to serve during the Superbowl? Try our easy to make seasoned popcorn. The lime juice adds tang, the nutritional yeast the flavor of “cheese.” Combined, they make this popcorn addictive. Great for family movie night, too!
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels (when popped, approximately 16 cups)
- 1/4 cup melted Earth Balance vegan margarine*
- 2 Tbs. lime juice**
- 1/2 tsp. dill weed
- 1/8 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 tsp. salt (or to taste)
*If corn is popped in oil instead of an air popper this amount may be reduced by amount of oil in which corn is popped.
** Lime juice that comes in a lime-shaped dispenser is the best as the juice will come out in a thin stream. Two, 2 second long squirts will equal 2 Tbs.
- Pop popcorn.
- Pour popcorn into a large brown paper shopping bag.
- Drizzle half of melted margarine over popcorn. Hold top of bag closed and shake vigorously. Repeat with remaining margarine.
- Drizzle half of lime juice over popcorn. Hold top of bag closed and shake vigorously. Repeat with remaining lime juice.
- Sprinkle dill, nutritional yeast and salt over popcorn. Hold top of bag closed and shake vigorously once more.
- Pour into large serving bowl.
Follow on Facebook: www.facebook.com/allamericanvegan
Follow on twitter: @allamervegan
Buy the book: All American Vegan